Two PhD grants (3 years) on any topic that falls within the area of language, communication, brain and modelling
The ILCB is a virtual institute with laboratories located in located in Aix-en-Provence, Avignon and Marseille.
It includes several top research laboratories in linguistics, psychology, cognitive neuroscience, medicine, computer science and mathematics.
Interested candidates must find two PhD supervisors amongst the members of the ILCB (https://www.ilcb.fr/members/ilcb-fellows/).
All projects must be supervised by at least two member of the ILCB.
A list of potential supervisors and projects can be found here: https://www.ilcb.fr/2-phd-grants/
Together with the supervisor(s), the candidates will write a 3-year PhD project. Priority is given to interdisciplinary projects that involve at least two different laboratories of the institute and to co-directed projects.
The application should contain:
- A full description of the PhD project (~ 5 pages):
- Name of the PhD supervisor(s)
- Short Summary
- Scientific context/state of the art
- Objectives and hypotheses
- Expected results
- Brief statement about the relevance of the project for the ILCB
- Proposed Timeline
- CV and Master degree grades (if available)
- Letter of motivation
- One letter of recommendation or contact information of a potential referee
- Supervisor Information and Acceptance Form
Deadline for submission: May, 2022
Auditions: May, 2022 (candidates might be interviewed via zoom)
Start: October, 2022
Monthly salary: 1 685€ (1 368€ net) for a period of 3 years
How to apply:
Address for application: https://applications.ilcb.fr/phd-grant/
Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For complementary information please contact: Johannes.Ziegler@univ-amu.fr