(2-year postdoc position, deadline June, 15, 2023)
The ILCB offers up to one postdoc position in 2023 on any topic that falls within the area of language, communication and the brain. The ILCB assembles several top research laboratories in linguistics, psychology, cognitive neuroscience, medicine/neurology, computer science, and mathematics that are located in Aix-en-Provence, Avignon and Marseille (https://www.ilcb.fr/about/partner-laboratories/).
Candidates can propose their own project or respond to a pre-proposal made by ILCB members and published on the ILCB site prior to the deadline (https://www.ilcb.fr/pre-proposals/). In both cases, it is strongly recommended that the candidate contacts one or more potential collaborators amongst the members of the ILCB to contextualize the project as a collaboration within the ILCB (for an updated list of potential collaborators, see https://www.ilcb.fr/pre-proposals/ or check the ILCB member directory for a list of all members https://www.ilcb.fr/members/directory/). Interdisciplinary projects involving several ILCB members are preferred.
Note that ILCB postdocs benefit from an excellent research environment that includes free access to neuroimaging and experimental platforms (MRI, MEG, EEG, eye tracking, speech lab, baby lab, virtual reality, primatology….), research support from a team of engineers (https://www.ilcb.fr/about/crex/), scientific activities (annual retreats, seminars, workshops), and funding opportunities for experiments, publications, and conferences.
Further information on the application and selection procedure can be found here (https://www.ilcb.fr/application-and-selection-procedure/)
A complete application should contain:
- A full description of the research project (~ 5 pages):
- Host Laboratory, Collaborator(s)
- Short Summary
- Scientific context/state of the art
- Expected results
- Brief statement about the relevance of the project for the ILCB
- Proposed Timeline
- CV with complete list of publications
- Cover letter stating the candidate’s motivation
- At least one letter of recommendation
- Duration: 2 years
- Monthly net salary: ~2000 € (depending on experience)
- Deadline for project submissions: june, 15 2023
- Audition of selected candidates: july, 15 2023
- Starting position date: september, 1 2023 (at the latest december 31 2023)
Address for application : https://applications.ilcb.fr/postdoc-positions/
Applications should be sent to: email@example.com
For enquiries contact: Johannes.Ziegler@univ-amu.fr