The Institute of Convergences “Lannguage, Communication and the Brain” (ILCB, https://www.ilcb.fr/ ) offers:
2 PhD grants (3 years) on any topic that falls within the area of language, communication, brain and modelling.
The ILCB is located in Aix-en-Provence, Avignon and Marseille and regroups several research laboratories in linguistics, psychology, cognitive neuroscience, medicine, computer science, and mathematics.
Interested candidates need to find one or more PhD supervisors amongst the members of the BRLI-ILCB (https://www.ilcb.fr/members/ilcb-fellows/).
Together with the supervisor(s), the candidates would then need to write a 3-year PhD project. Priority is given to interdisciplinary co-directions and to projects that involve two different laboratories of the institute.
1 685€ (1 368€ net) for a period of 3 years
Deadline for submission: June 8, 2020
Pre-selection of candidates for audition: June 15, 2020
Auditions: June 25-26, 2020 (international candidates might be interviewed via skype)
Start: October1, 2020
A complete application should contain:
1. A full description of the research project (~ 5 pages):
- A full description of the PhD project (~ 5 pages):
- Name of the PhD supervisor(s)
- Short Summary
- Scientific context/state of the art/
- Objectives and hypotheses
- Expected results
- Brief statement about the relevance of the project for the ILCB
- Proposed Timeline
- CV and master degree grades (if available)
- Letter of motivation
- One letter of recommendation or contact information of a potential referee
How to apply
Applications should be sent to: email@example.com
For complementary information contact: Johannes.Ziegler@univ-amu.fr